Rachel Jones, BSN, RN, FMCHC
Rachel is a lifelong learner. Read on to discover what degrees, certificates, professional associations and continuing education courses she has completed since 1984.
- June 1984: Associate Degree Dental Hygiene Practiced in Virginia from 1984-1989
- August 2014: Associate Degree in Letters, Arts and Science, College of Liberal Arts, Penn State University
- August 2016: Registered Nurse Diploma Program
- December 2018: Bachelor of Science in Nursing, College of Nursing, Penn State University
- January 2019: Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach, Functional Medicine Coaching Academy, a collaboration with the Institute for Functional Medicine at the Cleveland Clinic.
- August 2016 – the present: Nursing CE courses on various wellness topics. Click HERE to view a current list of courses.
Current Professional License
Rachel completed a rigorous academic registered nursing diploma program in August 2016, which included over 1500 clinical hours in multiple healthcare specialties. She obtained her license as a Registered Nurse in September 2016. She keeps her RN license current by completion of relevant continuing education courses.
Holistic Nursing is defined as “all nursing practice that has healing the whole person as its goal” (American Holistic Nurses’ Association, 1998). Rachel holds a strong belief that wellness is achieved by focusing on holistic health practices for the body, mind and environment of each unique individual. Her values align with the mission of the American Holistic Nurses Association, where she has been a member since November 2017.
Certified Health Coach
Rachel completed 12 months of intensive specialty training as a Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach in January 2019. Her passion is to help people thrive, using lifestyle as medicine.
- Positive Psychology – Focusing on what’s RIGHT with you!
- Lifestyle Medicine – Sleep and Relaxation, Nutrition, Exercise and Movement, Stress Management, Finding Meaning and Purpose in Life.
Rachel’s Top 5 Character Strengths
- Appreciation of Beauty
- Love of Learning
What are yours? Take the free Character Strength survey to find out!
Family Life and Interests
Rachel lives in the beautiful ridge and valley region of Pennsylvania with her husband, David. She has two grown children and four adorable grandchildren. She enjoys cooking with whole foods, recipe development, organic gardening, staying fit, nature, creating art, spending time with family and friends and continuing to learn from a variety of sources. Rachel loves nurturing life!